Saturday, September 10, 2011

Horror Hootenanny Interview Series - JIMMY HANDSOME from THE CREEPING CRUDS

Who the hell are ya and what is your job in the band (details)?
I'm Jimmy Handsome and I play the bass guitar and sing harmonies with Wolfie's sweet sweet crooning.

What did you do musically before The Creeping Cruds (bands etc)?
I have played in bands since I was 14, mostly playing the bass, in everything from straight up metal (the Bloody Nuns in Labor), to alt-rock (The Lovematics), to psychedelic mod rock and roll (The Moviees).

What are your favorite/most influential bands?
Hmmmm...this week: Black Sabbath, the Zombies, the Small Faces, the Who, the Ramones, any band where I can watch Jean-O Roid play the gee-tar.

What are your favorite/most influential horror flicks?
I dig mostly old Japanese monster movies. Mothra is my favorite, but Godzilla vs. anyone will do.

What movie scared you the most?
Header, by Archie Flancranston. It made/makes me nauseous.

Most overrated Horror movie?

I don't really dig slasher stuff, I need a serious element of the supernatural to get freaked out. I walked out of those Rob Zombie flicks (House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects) feeling a little robbed. Like I'd been all hopped up on adrenaline with no payoff...those would be the ones.

Who is the biggest celebrity you have ever met?
Steven Van Zandt from the Sopranos and the E Street Band. He was really helpful to the Movies and used to play us on the Underground Garage on Sirius/XM. My favorite was meeting Rod Argent from the Zombies. Dude's a genius.

What Creeping Cruds song is your favorite to play live?
They're all really great and fun, there's a bunch of new ones that are killer too that people haven't heard yet that we'll debut this month and next. I think my perennial favorite has always been "Tennessee Bloodbath", but Jean writes a new song and you're like "damn girl, that's finer than the last one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment